Source: State Library of NSW
The NSW Ageing and Disability Commission promotes the rights of older people and adults with disability to live free from abuse in their family, home and community.
The purpose of the NSW Ageing and Disability Commission is to:
- raise community awareness to reduce and prevent abuse, neglect and exploitation of older people and adults with disability
- receive and respond to reports or allegations of abuse, neglect and exploitation of an older person or adult with disability
- provide support and information to those at need
- run an investigation (if required)
- report and advise the government on related systemic issues.
Call the NSW Ageing and Disability Abuse Helpline on 1800 628 221 Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm.
The My Wellbeing Checklist allows people to assess whether they they should seek help from someone they trust or the NSW Ageing and Disability Abuse Helpline.