Source: Japan International Cooperation Agency
On November 29, the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) signed a loan agreement with the Government of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan to provide a Japanese ODA loan of up to 11 billion yen for the COVID-19 Crisis Response Emergency Support Loan.
The objective of the loan program is to accelerate the work of vaccination, employment promotion, and social protection undertaken by the Jordanian government, thereby contributing to economic and social stabilization. This loan program will contribute to the achievement of SDGs Goals 1, 3, and 8.
Details for the program loan are below.
1. Loan amount and Conditions
|Annual interest rate (%)||Repayment
|COVID-19 Crisis Response Emergency Support Loan||11,000||0.01||–||15||4||General untied|
2. Executing Agency
Ministry of Planning and International Cooperation
3rd Circle, Tawfiq Abu Al Huda St, Building No.4, P.O.Box 555, Amman, 11118, Hashemite, Kingdom of Jordan
3. Planned Implementation Schedule
(1) Completion of loan program: December 2021– when the disbursement is completed.
(2) Issuing of letters of invitation for consulting services (including detailed design work): No hiring of consultants is planned for this loan program.
(3) Tender announcement of the initial procurement package for international competitive bidding for the project construction: No work in conjunction with bidding is planned for this loan program.