Source: State of Tasmania Government
2 October 2021
Jane Howlett, Minister for Women
The Tasmanian Liberal Government is delivering further support to women and girls to ensure we create an inclusive Tasmania.
I’m pleased to announce that twenty organisations will share in funding totalling $2 million from our Supporting Women to Succeed Grants Program.
The Supporting Women to Succeed Grants Program was developed to facilitate women’s workforce participation in non-traditional fields.
Some of the projects to receiving funding include:
- The Civil Contractors Federation to support women to gain entry into the civil construction industry;
- The Blueline Laundry Inc to create cultural change to empower women in a commercial laundry;
- Tradewomen Australia Foundation Ltd to support the retention of women in non-traditional fields of employment;
- Tasmanian Seafood Industry Council for women in seafood leadership;
- Hydro Tasmania to support women in energy; and
- Southern Tasmanian Beekeepers Association Inc for The Sister Hives project.
These important commitments will help us increase opportunities for women in the workforce and leadership positions, promote and recognise the contribution of Tasmanian women, and ensure the impacts of COVID-19 on women are addressed.
A full list of the successful applicants will be available on the Communities Tasmania website at www.communities.tas.gov.au/csr