MIL OSI Translation. Government of the Republic of France statements from French to English –
Source: Republic of France in French
(SMS conversation between two friends)
– At what time do we start the party on Friday?
– 6 p.m.! My neighbors may complain if we make too much noise
I must warn them
– No, no need!
– You don’t have to tell them, we are allowed to make as much noise as we want until 10pm!
Can you really make noise safely before 10pm?
Contrary to popular belief, you cannot annoy your neighbors any time of day or night.
You can be penalized if you make noise too often, too long or too loud, at a party for example.
Likewise, you are responsible for any noise caused by your pet, your child or the use of your household or audiovisual devices. If your neighbors file a complaint, you can be fined up to € 450.
In addition, prefectural or municipal decrees may prohibit certain noises at certain times in your department or in your municipality. These are, for example, noises caused by DIY work.
So, if you are having a party during the day or at night, it is best to let your neighbors know so that they can tolerate the noise caused.
– You cannot disturb the peace of others, neither day nor night
– You can be penalized if you make noise too often, too long or too loud
– In the event of a complaint: fine of up to € 450
Certain prefectural or municipal decrees may prohibit certain noises at certain times
EDITOR’S NOTE: This article is a translation. Apologies should the grammar and / or sentence structure not be perfect.