Source: Institute for Energy Economics and Financial Analysis
Puerto Rico electric grid modeling studies demonstrate viability of renewables – March 24 online event
March 19, 2021 (IEEFA) — A plan that would provide reliable, low-cost, rooftop solar power to every home in Puerto Rico will be presented during a webinar sponsored by IEEFA and CAMBIO PR on March 24th.
When: Wednesday, March 24th at 11:00 am (EDT/AST)
Comprehensive modeling studies of the island grid found that Puerto Rico could have 75 percent of its energy provided by renewable sources within 15 years—and offer lessons in resiliency to the mainland United States.
- Ingrid Vila Biaggi, president and co-founder of CAMBIO PR, a Puerto Rico-based nonprofit
- Cathy Kunkel, an IEEFA energy finance analyst
- Derek Stenclik, founding partner of Telos Energy
- Anna Sommer, principal at Energy Futures Group
- Ray Harold, utility consultant, EE Plus
- Matthew Richwine, founding partner at Telos
Full report: We Want Sun and We Want More
Grid modeling studies:
To register, go to: bit.ly/3vED8KE
For more information, please contact Vivienne Heston ([email protected]), tel: +1 (914) 439-8921