Source: Aisle of Wight
30 Dec 2020
Following the Government announcement on 30 December 2020, arrangements for the beginning of the Spring Term (4 January 2021) are as follows:
From 4 January 2021
• All early years, infant, junior and primary phases return to school as normal across the Isle of Wight
• Secondary school and sixth form college age children will remain at home and access remote learning from their school or college, with the exception of vulnerable children or the children of key workers.
From 11 January 2021
• Years 11 and 13 return to face to face education
• Other year groups, with the exception of those who are vulnerable or the children of key workers, remain at home and access remote learning from their school or college.
From 18 January 2021
• All pupils in all year groups return to face to face education
• Unless unwell, every child should be back in education in all key stages.
The Government also announced (30 December 2020) its intention for all schools and colleges to make testing available for all secondary aged young people in schools, more details are to follow on this.
We expect more information and detail to follow from the Department for Education, please check our website for any updates.
- Arrangements for the beginning of the Spring Term (4 January 2021) have been announced by the government today (30 December 2020)