Source: United States House of Representatives – Congressman Andy Kim (NJ-03)
December 21, 2020
Congressman Kim Releases 116th Congress Recap Report
WASHINGTON, DC – Today, Congressman Andy Kim (NJ-03) released his recap report on the 116th Congress, highlighting his work to help New Jerseyans through the coronavirus crisis, pass bills into law to help veterans and military families, and set a new standard for transparency and accessibility in Congress.
The full report can be found by clicking here.
“This report isn’t just a summary of what we’ve done over the past two years, it’s a reflection of priorities I hear every day from our community,” said Congressman Kim. “From holding 28 town halls where people’s ideas and concerns can be heard, to passing bills into law to help our veterans and military families, I’m proud of what we’ve been able to come together – regardless of party – to accomplish. I also know this is just the beginning. We need to ensure a speedy end to this pandemic and do everything we can to get our working families and small businesses back on their feet. We need to keep fighting to end hunger and homelessness, and we need to make sure our nation is ready to tackle the challenges of the future. We have so much to build on, and I look forward to continuing that work in the coming years.”
Some of the highlights of the report include:
Helping our Neighbors:
- More than 5,000 Issues with Federal Agencies Resolved since 2019
- More than $3 Million Returned to Constituents During the Pandemic
- More than 1,000 Burlington and Ocean County Residents Helped with Pandemic Assistance
Making an Impact in Washington:
- Majority of Bills Authored Are Bipartisan
- Four Bills Signed into Law by President Trump
- 76 Percent of Bills Co-Sponsored Are Bipartisan
Connecting with our Communities:
- Held 28 Town Halls
- Responded to More Than 215,000 Emails, Letters and Phone Calls
- Visited 40 local schools, 23 local health care centers
Combatting the Coronavirus:
- Passed funding to help small businesses
- Expanded Unemployment Insurance
- Approved critical funds to end the pandemic
Congressman Kim is a member of the bipartisan House Select Committee on the Coronavirus Crisis, where he serves as one of twelve members of the House tasked with conducting oversight over programs aimed at ending the Coronavirus pandemic and helping address the economic impact it’s having on the American people. Congressman Kim is also a member of the House Armed Services Committee and the House Committee on Small Business. More information about Congressman Kim can be found on his website by clicking here.