Source: Wales – City of Newport
Posted on Monday 21st December 2020
Welsh Government placed all areas of Wales at alert level 4 from 00:00am on Sunday 20 December.
Full details of the restrictions at alert level 4 are available on the Welsh Government website and will remain in place until the number of cases fall.
- All non-essential retail, including close contact services, leisure services, gyms, hospitality and holiday accommodation are closed
- We must only go out for food, education, care, health or work, if we can’t work from home
- We must only travel if essential
- We must not meet people we do not live with, either indoors or outdoors. A person living alone or a single parent can form a support bubble with one other household
- Relaxed Christmas arrangements will now only apply on Christmas day, where two households will be able to join together
You can also read the Level 4 FAQs
Some council services will be affected by the new restrictions, but the council’s priority will be to continue essential services, limit disruption and support our most vulnerable residents throughout.
For the latest updates visit www.newport.gov.uk/en/Council-Democracy/COVID-19-coronavirus/Coronavirus-COVID-19.aspx