Source: Socialist Republic of Vietnam
* Ashley Barnes and Chris Wood were on target as Burnley beat Wolverhampton Wanderers 2-1 at Turf Moor on Monday (Dec 21) to move out of the Premier League relegation zone.
* Seven individuals tested positive for COVID-19 in the last round of tests conducted between Dec 14-20 on 1,569 Premier League players and staff, the league said on Monday (Dec 21). The league did not name the people who tested positive or their clubs but said they will self-isolate for 10 days.
* The 2020 Thomas and Uber Cup Finals in Denmark, which were postponed this year after the withdrawal of several teams amid the COVID-19 pandemic, will take place in October next year, the Badminton World Federation (BWF) said on Monday.
* The League Cup final has been put back by two months and will be held on Apr 25, in the hope that a later date will allow fans to attend, the Football League (EFL) announced on Monday (Dec 21). The final of the competition, known by its sponsored name as the Carabao Cup, was due to be held on Feb 28 at Wembley Stadium.
* Borussia Moenchengladbach forward Marcus Thuram has been banned for six games and fined EUR40,000 (US$48,936) after he spat in the face of Hoffenheim defender Stefan Posch, German soccer’s governing DFB said on Monday.
* Serie A strugglers Genoa hired battle-hardened coach Davide Ballardini for the fourth time on Monday (Dec 21) after sacking Rolando Maran hours earlier. Maran, hired before the start of the season, was dismissed after 13 league games with Genoa second-bottom of the table with seven points.