Source: Northern Territory Police
Northern Territory Police have charged a 64-year-old man in an East Arnhem community for offences under the NT Tobacco Act.
It is alleged that the man sold individual cigarettes to a member of the community. Police searched the premises and located:
- 6 X 40-packets of cigarettes
- 38 x deal bags containing approximately 1.9 kilograms of kava
- A quantity of cash
The man was charged with:
- supply kava without a licence
- sell tobacco product without licence
- sell cigarettes – less than packet of 20
He was issued a notice to appear in Nhulunbuy Local Court on 9 February 2021.