Post sponsored by NewzEngine.com

Source: Hong Kong Information Services

(To watch the full press briefing with sign language interpretation, click here.)

The Centre for Health Protection today said it is investigating 109 additional COVID-19 cases, including two recorded at King Tsui Court in Chai Wan.

The centre’s Communicable Disease Branch Head Dr Chuang Shuk-kwan told at a press briefing this afternoon that there are 102 local cases, of which 42 have an unknown source of infection.

She said the two King Tsui Court cases live in different units.

“I would not consider the situation in King Tsui Court as an outbreak, but there are indeed more than six units affected.

“We do not find any obvious pattern of clustering, either horizontal or vertical, so if the residents got infected from the building, it may be due to some environmental encounters or environmental contamination.

“So we cannot establish an obvious link among the cases yet.”

The Government has published in the gazette a compulsory testing notice to require people who had been at King Tsui Court for more than two hours at any time during the period from November 30 to December 19 to undergo a COVID-19 nucleic acid test by December 24.

Additionally, in view of the possible long incubation period of the virus, people who had been at Block 6, Richland Gardens in Kowloon Bay for more than two hours at any time between November 17 and December 9 are required to undergo a second test from December 20 to December 24.

For information and health advice on COVID-19, visit the Government’s dedicated webpage.

MIL OSI Asia Pacific News