Source: London Assembly
The Mayor of London has said that the Greater London Authority (GLA), which is responsible for the Met Police, London Fire Brigade and Transport for London (TfL), is facing a budget shortfall of up to £493 million over the next two years.
In light of this budget shortfall, the London Assembly Budget and Performance Committee will review TfL’s budget for 2021/22. The Committee will question TfL on the impact of COVID-19 on its income, the funding package agreed with Government and the status of Crossrail; will it be delivered in the current time timescales and on budget?
The guests are:
- Heidi Alexander, Deputy Mayor for Transport
- Andy Byford, TfL Commissioner
- Simon Kilonback, TfL Chief Finance Officer
- Enver Enver, Assistant Director of Group Finance and Performance, GLA
The meeting will take place on Wednesday, 16 December 2020 from 2pm. In line with Government advice, this meeting will take place virtually.
Media and members of the public can watch the meeting live here.
Notes for editors:
- Full agenda papers.
- Susan Hall AM, Chairman of the Budget and Performance Committee is available for interview.
- Find out more about the work of the Budget and Performance Committee.
- As well as investigating issues that matter to Londoners, the London Assembly acts as a check and a balance on the Mayor.
For more details, please contact Aoife Nolan in the Assembly Media Office on 07849 303 897. For out of hours media enquiries please call 020 7983 4000 and ask for the Assembly duty press officer. Non-media enquiries should be directed to the Public Liaison Unit, Greater London Authority, on 020 7983 4100.