MIL OSI Translation. Region: Russian Federation –
They are located on the territory of the former Alekseevskaya Sloboda.
The complex of apartment buildings of the 19th century in the center of Moscow is recognized as an identified cultural heritage site. It is located at the following address: Stanislavskogo Street, 20, buildings 1 and 2. These are two residential buildings built by the architect I.M. Vasiliev and by order of the priest V. Krasovsky. In the 1920s – 1930s, these houses had communal apartments.
“The complex is a typical example of the late 19th century of low-rise buildings of the former Alekseevskaya Sloboda, which have fully preserved their original architectural characteristics. The object undoubtedly has significant historical and architectural value, “said Philip Smirnov, a local historian, a member of the Public Chamber of Moscow and editor-in-chief of the Moscow Heritage magazine.
The building of 1889 is located at Stanislavsky Street, 20, building 1. It is made of unplastered bricks with stylized elements of Old Russian architecture. The flat bay windows (protruding parts of the building) of the main facade are accented with pilasters (projections similar to a column) with imitation of rustication (that is, wall cladding with stones with a roughly hewn or convex front surface), completed with curly attics – decorative walls above the cornice.
Above the central windows of the lower tier, stylized denticles are placed – small rectangular projections directed downward. The entrances to the building are decorated with porticoes (a row of columns) with pediments (a triangular field between the cornice and the attic). Above the porches, there are metal canopies on shaped supporting parts – brackets. In the center of the courtyard facade is located, the side parts are decorated with pilasters.
In this building, it was supposed to arrange apartments for the ministers of the church – two on each floor. The front residential part overlooked the street and included four rooms, interconnected by a suite – they could be walked through. Service rooms – kitchen, hallway and bathroom – are located in the back of the house.
The two-storey building of 1890 is located at Stanislavsky Street, 20, building 2. It is compositionally and stylistically connected with the neighboring building. The architectural solution of its main facade is made in the same style.
The house is horizontally divided into two tiers. It is decorated with panels (framed sections of the wall), sandriks (small profiled cornices), attics (decorated with ledges above the upper cornice), projections and pediments. All the windows of the building are placed in shallow niches.
Each floor has its own planning structure, which is probably related to the functional purpose of the building. According to appraisal inventories of the early 20th century, a parish almshouse was located at the bottom of the house, occupying two large rooms with windows facing the street. An entrance hall and a kitchen adjoined it. On the top floor there was an apartment consisting of five rooms, an entrance hall and a kitchen.
“The city is carrying out systematic work to preserve historical and cultural monuments. Revealing new monuments is an important part of this work and one of the most important directions of the authorities’ activity. A building that has the status of a monument cannot be demolished. In addition, any conservation work should be carried out there after agreement with the Moscow City Heritage Site, ”said the head
Department of cultural heritage of the city of Moscow Alexey Emelyanov.
Recently, under the protection of the state were taken tenement house on Zemlyanoy Val architect Richard Nirnsee, Rogozhskaya ambulance station in neo-Russian style, as well tenement house in Seliverstov lane.
EDITOR’S NOTE: This article is a translation. Apologies should the grammar and or sentence structure not be perfect.