Source: Council of the European Union 2
Chair: Svenja Schulze, Federal Minister for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety of Germany
08.30 Arrivals (livestreaming)
08.45 Doorstep by minister Schulze
09.15 Beginning of the meeting
09.15 Adoption of the agenda
09.20 Approval of “A” items (public session)
09.25 Regulation on European Climate Law (public session)
11.55 Approval of non-legislative A items
12.00 EU submission of an updated Nationally Determined Contribution (NDC) to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) (public session)
Any other business
12.55 Eliminate deforestation (public session)
14.30 Conclusions on Making the Recovery Circular and Green (public session)
15.00 Conclusions on Digitalisation for the Benefit of the Environment (public session)
15.00 Regulation amending Aarhus Regulation (EC) No 1367/2006 (public session)
16.00 Communication on Chemicals Strategy for Sustainability Towards a Toxic-Free Environment (public session)
17.30 Any other business (public session)
– Regulation concerning batteries and waste batteries, repealing Directive 2006/66/EC and amending Regulation (EU) No 2019/1020
– Ratification of Multilateral Environmental Agreements (MEAs) – a call for urgent action
– Report on the annual meeting of the Commission for the conservation of Antarctic Marine Living Resources (CCAMLR) (27-30 October 2020)
– European Conference “Climate change and the European water dimension – Enhancing resilience” (4-5 November 2020)
– Work programme of the incoming Presidency
At the end of the videoconference 18.00 – press conference in live streaming.
Arrangements for the press conference
Please note that there will be no physical press conference. EU accredited journalists will be able to ask questions remotely provided they have registered in advance.
In order to participate and ask questions, EU accredited journalists should register using this link.
Those who already registered for the previous press events in the field of environment do not need to do it again.
Deadline for registration: Thursday 17 December 2020, 17.00
Further instructions will be sent to all registered participants approximately half an hour after the deadline.