Source: United States House of Representatives – Congressman Colin Allred (TX-32)
December 15, 2020
Washington, D.C. – Congressman Colin Allred (TX-32) today released a report detailing his first term working for the people of the 32nd Congressional District of Texas.
“This term we’ve accomplished so much by working together and it is truly an honor to represent the 32nd District and serve my fellow North Texans in Congress,” said Allred. “I will always put North Texas first — from securing the Garland VA, to a bipartisan trade deal with Mexico and Canada to working to protect North Texans’ health care and lower costs across the board. I look forward to continuing this important work in the next Congress.”
The report spans his work for North Texas on the Transportation and Infrastructure Committee, Veterans’ Affairs Committee and Foreign Affairs Committee. It also highlights his work on constituent services and as well as his bipartisan work on COVID-19 relief, a bill to help new parents financially with the costs associated with a new baby and his work to help the high-speed rail project between Dallas and Houston clear federal hurdles.
End of Year Report Highlights:
- $2.4 million in federal benefits and money returned to North Texans.
- 1,074 cases closed helping North Texans with federal agencies
- 53 town halls and roundtables
- Total jobs saved thanks to Allred’s support for PPP: 156,597
- 324 bills cosponsored, more than 70% have bipartisan support
- Responded to more than 83,000 constituent letters
DOWNLOAD THE REPORT HERE: Allred – End of Term Report.pdf