MIL OSI Translation. Region: Russian Federation –
The winners, in particular, were the specialists involved in the restoration of the Northern River Station, the House of the People’s Commissariat for Finance and the ensemble of the Rozhdestvensky Monastery.
The winners of the Moscow Government competition for the best project in the field of preservation and popularization of cultural heritage sites “Moscow restoration – 2020” have been announced. The solemn ceremony took place at the Khudozhestvenny cinema, the oldest cinema in Moscow, the restoration of which was completed in 2020. The awards were presented by Sergei Sobyanin.
“Despite the pandemic, despite all the problems that have haunted us for the tenth month, we are continuing our unique, necessary, important work for the city – the revival of monuments, the revival of culture, the revival of the history of our city. Indeed, each such monument is a discovery, a rediscovery of some page of our history or an amazing object, the result of the work of masters of past centuries and the result of the work of your golden hands, your skill, ”said the Moscow Mayor.
He noted that this year, due to the coronavirus epidemic, restoration work had to be stopped for a month, but as soon as the opportunity arose, they were resumed. Despite all the difficulties this year, it has become very important in terms of the restoration work performed.
The aim of the Moscow Restoration competition is to develop the traditions of the Moscow school of restoration, popularize and attract public interest to historical and cultural monuments. In 2020, the competition was held for the 10th time. Since 2011, about 400 laureates have been identified.
This year, 61 applications were submitted for the competition for 28 properties, as well as four student applications for four properties. As a result, 25 laureates were named – organizations, teams of restorers or individual specialists who took part in the restoration of 13 cultural heritage sites.
The victory in the competition was awarded, in particular, for work on such significant objects for Moscow as the Northern River Station, the Narkomfin House on Novinsky Boulevard, the Rozhdestvensky Monastery ensemble, the main house of the Matveyevs’ city estate in Volkhovsky Lane, and the Landing Office building in Khokhlovsky Lane.
“The opening of the Northern River Station was, of course, an amazing event this year. Muscovites have repeatedly approached me with requests to restore this object, who were worried about what was happening there. In fact, it turned into ruins. We asked the federal authorities to hand it over to the city, and from the very first days we began work on the scientific design of the restoration and on the restoration itself, ”Sergei Sobyanin said.
The Northern River Station was returned to its functional purpose: tens of thousands of people have already left it on long and short journeys. It is very important that the public space around this iconic facility, which is known to many people, including from the films that was filmed on its territory, has been revived. “The park is also a monument. New berths and a new embankment appeared, which has never been in the form in which we see it today. And it really turned out to be a unique place, one of the most amazing and attractive in our city. In a matter of months from the moment after opening, until the winter season, more than half a million people have already visited it. This suggests that it was not in vain that we worked with you, it was not in vain that we invested resources – money, effort, labor – in this wonderful facility, ”added the Mayor of Moscow.
Sergei Sobyanin also highlighted the project of reconstruction of the monument of Soviet constructivism – the House of Narkomfin.
“For decades the house was in disrepair, and there was a feeling that nothing would bring it back to life,” Sergei Sobyanin said. – Its function has been revived – now it is a residential building. A first-class restoration and improvement have been carried out around this building. “
Since 2011, 1,523 cultural heritage sites have been restored in the capital. Works on 99 of them were completed in 2020. As a result of an unprecedented scale of the program, the number of Moscow monuments that are in an unsatisfactory condition has decreased by 5.3 times. The share of monuments in good and satisfactory condition increased from 66 to 94 percent.
“I would like to thank you, the winners of the competition, and not only you, but also in your person the whole squad of restorers, investors, not only public ones, but also private ones, who invest their money, resources and treat our city with such love”, – concluded the Mayor of Moscow.
Laureates of the competition “Moscow restoration – 2020”
Civil architecture objects:
– Northern River Station, 1932-1937, architect A.M. Rukhlyadev (Leningradskoe highway, building 51). For the best organization of repair and restoration work, the award was given to the State Unitary Enterprise “Mosgortrans”, for the best restoration project and adaptation to modern use – the author’s team of designers. The team of restorers was awarded for the high quality of work on the restoration of the spire and the restoration of porcelain panels;
– House of Narkomfin, 1928-1930, architects M. Ya. Ginzburg, I.F. Milinis. (Novinsky Boulevard, building 25, building 1). For the best project of restoration and adaptation to modern use, the award was given to the team of authors of Ginsburg Architects LLC. Garegin Barsumyan also became the laureate of the competition for the best organization of repair and restoration work;
– the palace of boyar Troyekurov, chambers of the XVI-XVII centuries (Georgievsky lane, houses 4-6, building 2). The Flan-M construction company was awarded for the high quality of repair and restoration work.
– the city estate of the Matveyevs, XIX century, the main house, 1830s (Volkhovsky lane, building 21/5, building 1). For the best organization of repair and restoration work, LLC Rampol was awarded, for the best project of restoration and adaptation to modern use – Tatyana Borisova;
– Moscow land survey office of the 18th century, based on the chambers of the 17th century (Khokhlovsky lane, 10, building 1). Tatiana Borisova was awarded for the best restoration project and adaptation to modern use;
– residential building of the late XIX – early XX centuries (Bolshaya Nikitskaya street, house 54, building 1). Elena Konstantinova became the laureate of the competition for the best restoration project and adaptation to modern use. The construction company “RemStroyService” was also awarded for the high quality of repair and restoration work;
– Orlov-Denisov house, XVIII century (Bolshaya Lubyanka street, house 14, building 3). For the best organization of repair and restoration work, the FGKU “Military Unit 55002” was noted, for the best restoration project and adaptation to modern use – the team of authors, for the high quality of the restoration of picturesque plafonds – the team of restorers of the State Research Institute of Restoration;
– the eastern and western facades of the main house of the city estate of M.F. and N.M. Kamensky of the second half of the 18th century (in the 1880s, the architect was S.V. Fedorov). Here in the XIX – early XX century was located the Agricultural School with the Church of Saints Cyril and Methodius (Smolensky Boulevard, house 19, building 2). Sergei Kupriyanov received the award for the best restoration project and adaptation to modern use, Tatyana Moskalkova, Ombudsman for Human Rights in Russia, became a laureate for the best organization of repair and restoration work. For the scientific and methodological guidance and high quality of repair and restoration work, Tikton LLC was noted;
– the building of the October Revolution club, in which on November 10, 1918, Vladimir Lenin spoke at a meeting of workers of the Khamovnichesky district (Smolensky Boulevard, 26/9, building 1). Among the winners of the FSBI Russian Institute for Strategic Studies – for the best organization of repair and restoration work, LLC Alexandria – for the high quality of interior restoration, and Anna Molotkova – for the best restoration project and adaptation to modern use.
In the nomination “Objects of Cult Architecture” the winner was the ensemble of the Rozhdestvensky Monastery (Rozhdestvenka Street, 20/8, buildings 3, 14, 15, 16, 17). For the best organization of repair and restoration work, the award was given to the Theotokos-Rozhdestvensky stauropegic convent, for the best restoration project was awarded to OOO Rakurs-project.
Among the objects of monumental art, 50 works of garden and park sculpture of the museum-estate “Kuskovo” (Yunosti street, building 2) were singled out. The laureate of the competition was the team of restorers of the Heritage Restoration Workshop LLC. The specialists were awarded for the high quality of the restoration of garden and park sculptures.
A special prize was also awarded. She was awarded for the work associated with the production buildings of the ensemble of the machine-building plant “Gustav Liszt”, 1890s, architect N.D. Strukov, since 1922 – the plant “Borets” (Skladochnaya street, house 6, buildings 2, 31). Ecobau LLC received the award for the preservation of the historical environment while carrying out work on the relocation of historically valuable town-forming objects.
In the nomination “Student applications”, the painting of the church in honor of the Bogolyubskaya Icon of the Mother of God of the Vysoko-Petrovsky Monastery (28 Petrovka Street, Building 11) was noted. The team of students of the College of Architecture, Design and Reengineering No. 26 was awarded for the high quality of work on the disclosure and conservation of painting.
EDITOR’S NOTE: This article is a translation. Apologies should the grammar and or sentence structure not be perfect.