Source: Government of Saskatchewan
Released on December 13, 2020
Three residents who tested positive for COVID-19 have died. Two (2) new deaths in the group 80+ were reported in Saskatoon and one (1) new death in the age group 70-79 was reported in Regina.
There are 222 new cases of COVID-19 to report in Saskatchewan on December 13, 2020, bringing the provincial total to date to 11,971 cases.
The new cases are located in the Far North West (15), Far North East (9), North West (39), North Central (15), North East (6), Saskatoon (53), Central West (3), Central East (8), Regina (57), South West (4), South Central (6) and South East (5) zones.
Five (5) cases with pending residence information were assigned to the Far North East (from Nov 23 (2)), North West (from Dec 9 (1) and Dec 11 (1)) and Saskatoon (from Dec 11 (1)) zones.
The seven-day average of daily new cases is 264 (21.8 new cases per 100,000 population).
Of the cases, 4,188 cases out of the 11,971 cases are considered active. A total of 7,694 individuals have recovered.
One hundred and seventeen people are in hospital. Ninety-four people are receiving inpatient care: one in the Far North West, six in the North West, 10 in the North Central, 42 in Saskatoon, two in the Central East, 25 in Regina, two in the South Central and six in the South East zones. Twenty-three people are in intensive care: six in the North Central, seven in Saskatoon, nine in Regina, and one in the South West.
Of the 11,971 cases in the province:
- 549 cases are travelers;
- 5,336 are community contacts (including mass gatherings);
- 2,726 have no known exposures; and
- 3,360 are under investigation by local public health.
Overall in Saskatchewan to date:
- 415 cases are healthcare workers; however, the source of the infections may not be related to healthcare in all instances.
- 2,506 cases involve people 19 years of age and under, while the remainder are adults.
- 4,200 cases are in the 20-39 age range; 3,140 are in the 40-59 age range; 1,599 are in the 60-79 age range; and 521 are in the 80-plus range. Confirmation of age is pending for five cases.
- 50 per cent of the cases are female and 50 per cent are male.
- 89 deaths related to COVID-19 have been reported to date.
Of 11,971 confirmed cases:
- 3,568 cases are from the Saskatoon area
- 2,551 cases are from the north area (965 north west, 1,204 north central, 382 north east)
- 2,394 cases are from the Regina area
- 1,410 cases are from the south area (540 south west, 484 south central, 386 south east)
- 1,263 cases are from the far north area (769 far north west, 89 far north central, 405 far north east)
- 756 cases are from the central area (317 central west, 439 central east)
- 29 cases have pending residence information
To date, 385,948 COVID-19 tests have been processed in Saskatchewan. As of December 11, 2020 when other provincial and national numbers were available, Saskatchewan’s per capita rate was 239,229 people tested per million population. The national rate was 332,168 people tested per million population.
Yesterday, 2,948 COVID-19 tests were processed in Saskatchewan.
Public Health Measures
For more information on the current public health measures or to see the Public Health Order, visit https://www.saskatchewan.ca/covid19-measures.
General COVID-19 Information
General public inquiries may be directed to COVID19@health.gov.sk.ca.
For more information, contact: