Source: Australian Department of Health
This event will introduce the TGA’s recently developed dynamic model for medicine availability. Speakers will demonstrate how the model can be used to estimate supply and demand forecasts for specific medicines used in the COVID-19 context.
1.5 hours with presentation and time allowed for your questions.
The TGA has recently developed a dynamic model to:
- provide timely estimates of future availability of certain ICU medicines
- identify any potential gaps in the supply of these medicines
- identify any constraints on capacity to treat additional COVID-19 patients in ICUs.
The model can be used to estimate demand and supply at local hospital/pharmacy level, state/territory level and the national level. The TGA provides free access to the model webpage on request.
- Professor Michael Dooley, Director of Pharmacy, Alfred Health, TGA consultant
- Ms Susan Poole, Pharmacy Research Coordinator, Alfred Health
How do I register?
- Date: Thursday 10 December
- Time: 14:00-15:30 AEDT