Source: United Nations (Video News)
We must build a new normal where persons with #disabilities are fully included in work, politics, education, sports and leisure. The UN #COSP13 conference will chart the way.
Building back better means better for everyone! That includes persons with disabilities.
The Conference of States Parties to the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (COSP) is one of the largest and most important global forums on disability issues.
Held under the presidency of Ecuador, the 13th annual session will feature remarks from the President of the General Assembly and the United Nations Secretary-General live from the General Assembly, along with recorded remarks from prominent disability advocates from around the world.
– Luis Gallegos, Minister of Foreign Affairs and Human Mobility of Ecuador as President of the Conference,
– Volkan Bozkir, President of the General Assembly,
– António Guterres, Secretary-General of the United Nations,
– Danlami Umaru Basharu, Chair of the Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities,
– Gerald Quinn, UN Special Rapporteur on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities,
– Maria Soledad Cisternas, Secretary-General’s Special Envoy on Disability and Accessibility
– Idriss Alzouma Maiga, Civil Society representative
Learn more: bit.ly/un-cosp13