Source: City of Wakefield
Wakefield Council are pleased to announce that additional Government funding is to be made available to financially support businesses in the district who have been impacted as a result of the 5 November to 2 December national restrictions.
The funding that the Council has been allocated is of a discretionary nature and is called the Additional Restrictions Grant.
Businesses in Wakefield can now apply to the scheme via the application form available on www.wakefieldfirst.com/covid-19/ to help them during the coronavirus outbreak and eligible businesses in the district are urged to apply.
The Council have already helped over 5,700 of businesses across the district to receive previous grants over the course of the year but there are many more that are eligible for support.
Cllr Darren Byford, Wakefield Council’s Cabinet Member for Economic Growth and Regeneration, said: “We are pleased to be able to offer this additional help to our local businesses that haven’t been eligible to apply for any previous funding.
“This much-needed, extra financial support during this difficult period will be very welcome and we will continue to provide as much support as possible to our local businesses and citizens during the pandemic – and beyond.”
Businesses who fall into the following categories should check the criteria and apply for the appropriate Additional Restrictions Grant scheme.
- Those registered for self-assessment and unable to access SEIS
- Retail, Leisure and Hospitality supply chain businesses
- Businesses not able to access funding under National Restrictions
Those registered for self-assessment and unable to access SEIS
This scheme is designed to support individuals who are self-employed and / or registered for self-assessment, but have been unable to receive financial support under any other scheme such as the Self Employment Income Support scheme. This includes, but is not restricted to, those that work from home, freelancers, mobile health and beauty and personal trainers.
Under this scheme eligible applicants will receive a single, one off payment of £1,000.
In order to receive the payment, applicants must:
- Be registered for self-assessment after 5 April 2019 and on/or before 30 October 2020, and have a UTR number as of 4 November 2020
- Be able to provide a copy of their UTR number (in the form of either a copy of the letter received from HRMC confirming their UTR number or a screenshot of their online self-assessment account which clearly shows the UTR)
- Not be eligible to receive support under the SEIS
Retail, Leisure and Hospitality supply chain businesses
It is recognised that under the existing Local Restriction Support Grant schemes, there are businesses that have been allowed to stay open, but nevertheless have been severely impacted as they rely on those sectors forced to close. To this end, the ARG 2 scheme will provide one off financial assistance to businesses who meet the following criteria:
- Have demonstrable fixed property / business costs
- Be able to demonstrate a reduction in income of at least 25% compared to the previous year
- Evidence that they supply to RHL sector
Eligible businesses will receive the following:
- Businesses with a rateable value and / or fixed property costs under £15k – £1,000
- Businesses with a rateable value and / or fixed property costs 15 to 51k – £1,800
- Businesses with a rateable value and / or fixed property costs over 51k – £2,800
Businesses not able to access funding under National Restrictions
Due to the conditionality of grants under national restrictions, there are a number of businesses impacted that may fall outside the eligibility criteria.
ARG3 is designed to support those businesses who cannot access any of the other LRSG grants.
Those eligible for this scheme will be businesses that:
- Have been legally required to close but are not the business rate payer / do not pay rates
- Rate paying businesses not required to close but severely impacted
- Those who physically occupy managed workspace / shared accommodation
- Can provide a copy of their rental / lease agreement
Eligible businesses will receive the following:
- Where the annual rental is up to and including £10,000 pa, a one off grant of £1,800
- Where the annual rental is between £10,001 and over pa, a one off grant of £2,800
The form is available at http://ow.ly/A64c50CvFEU
Funding is limited and businesses are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Businesses will be able to apply for all eligible grants in a single form, and receive all eligible grants in a single payment to cover the relevant periods. Businesses will only need to apply once via the online form.
For further help and support, please visit the Council’s dedicated webpage for businesses at www.wakefieldfirst.com/covid-19/ which has a range of FAQ’s to refer to including help with cash-flow problems, tax liabilities, account managers they can talk to and advice on managing staff during these difficult times or alternatively contact email@example.com