Post sponsored by NewzEngine.com

MIL OSI Translation. Region: Germany / Deutschland –

Source: Swiss Kanton Nidwalden News in German26. November 2020 In 2019, 398 Nidwalden residents were supported with economic social assistance. This corresponds to 0.9 percent of the resident population. Children have a significantly higher risk of receiving social assistance if they grow up in families with little education or in single parent families. This is the result of the surveys by LUSTAT Statistics Lucerne. In 2019, 398 Nidwalden residents were supported with economic social assistance. That is 10 people more than in the previous year. The Nidwalden social assistance rate has remained unchanged at 0.9 percent since 2011 – with one exception: in 2016, 1.0 percent of the canton’s population received social assistance. As in previous years, Nidwalden has the lowest social welfare rate of all central Switzerland cantons (ZCH total: 1.9%) and is also low in comparison with the whole of Switzerland (CH 2018: 3.2%). Children from educationally disadvantaged families are special A low level of education increases the risk of social welfare considerably. In 2019, the social assistance rate of people without post-compulsory education in the canton of Nidwalden was almost twice as high as that of the entire canton population (1.6 vs. 0.9%). According to federal calculations, children particularly often need welfare state support if they grow up in an educationally disadvantaged family. In 2019, in the canton of Nidwalden, every second family receiving social assistance had both parents without a post-compulsory educational qualification. A lower level of education reduces the chances on the labor market and is one of the reasons for the higher social welfare rate of the foreign Nidwalden resident population (2019: 3.0%) compared to the Swiss (0.6%). Children in single parent families have an increased risk of social welfare living together with only one parent are at a higher risk of poverty than others. In 2019, 0.4 percent of married couples with children in the canton of Nidwalden received social assistance. At 12.1 percent, this proportion was many times higher in households in which a single parent (mostly the mother) lives with their children. Families with children are supported in the canton of Nidwalden with other needs-based social benefits. In 2019, 99 children and young adults received alimony in advance. Almost one in five supported gainfully employed person works full-time. In 2019, 36.7 percent of Nidwalden social assistance recipients of working age were employed. Most of them worked part-time; 42.7 had a workload of less than 50 percent. Almost every fifth person worked full-time (19.5%). Men were more common than women among full-time social assistance workers. 2 out of 5 cases completed within six months Social assistance is primarily used to bridge temporary emergencies. In the canton of Nidwalden, almost half of the cases were closed again within one year in 2019 (46.5%). Of the social welfare dossiers opened in the canton of Nidwalden in the past five years, 40.0 percent were closed again after six months. LUSTAT Statistics Luzern has been commissioned by the central Swiss cantons to collect the Swiss social welfare statistics in central Switzerland and publishes the most important results of the cantons yearly.

EDITOR’S NOTE: This article is a translation. Apologies should the grammar and / or sentence structure not be perfect.

MIL Translation OSI