Source: MIL-OSI Submissions
Employment indicators: Weekly as at 23 November 2020
26 November 2020
The 6-day series includes jobs with a pay period equal to or less than 7 days, while the 20-day series covers jobs with pay periods of 14 days or fewer. The 34-day series includes all jobs regardless of their pay period.
The 34-day series indicated that for the latest week, the week ended 18 October 2020:
- the number of paid jobs (compared with the previous week) were:
- 2,227,360 total paid jobs (up 5,870 or 0.26 percent)
- 103,940 paid jobs in primary industries (up 2,960 or 2.93 percent)
- 410,230 paid jobs in goods-producing industries (down 120 or 0.03 percent)
- 1,656,370 in services industries (up 3,710 or 0.22 percent)
- 56,810 in unclassified industries (down 690 or 1.20 percent).
- the median income (compared with the previous week) was:
- $1,041.40 (down $1.62 or 0.16 percent).
Stats NZ COVID-19 data portal presents the data in graphical format.
For technical enquiries contact: David Hein, Wellington, 04 931 4600, email@example.com
For media enquiries contact: James Weir, Wellington, 021 285 9191, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Government Statistician authorises all statistics and data we publish.
Visit our website to read this information release and to download CSV files: