Source: Socialist Republic of Vietnam
* Real Madrid claimed a first-ever win at San Siro on Wednesday (Nov 25), beating Inter 2-0 in the Champions League after the Serie A side had midfielder Arturo Vidal sent off for dissent in the first half.
* Atalanta’s Josip Ilicic and Robin Gosens scored quickfire second-half goals to give them a comfortable 2-0 win over a toothless Liverpool, who barely managed a shot on target, in their Champions League Group D clash at Anfield on Wednesday (Nov 25).
* Holders Bayern Munich failed to hit top form but did enough for a 3-1 win over visitors Salzburg on Wednesday to book their spot in the Champions League knockout stage with two games to spare.
* Ajax Amsterdam spurned a series of chances in the first half but scored quickly at the start of the second to beat Midtjylland of Denmark 3-1 on Wednesday (Nov 25) and stay in second place in Champions League Group D.
* Porto comfortably beat Olympique de Marseille 2-0 (Nov 25) away on Wednesday to move to the brink of qualifying for the Champions League knockout phase.
* Manchester City midfielder Phil Foden finished off a brilliant team move as his side saw off Olympiakos Piraeus 1-0 away from home on Wednesday (Nov 25) to book their place in the Champions League’s last 16.
* The International Olympic Committee on Wednesday stripped two Romanian weightlifting athletes, Roxana Cocos (women’s 69kg silver) and Razvan Martin (men’s 69kg bronze), of their medals from the 2012 Olympic Games and disqualified a third over the use of anabolic steroids.
* Kawasaki Frontale clinched a third J League title in four years with a 5-0 thrashing of nearest rivals Gamba Osaka on Wednesday (Nov 25). A hat-trick from 34-year-old Akihiro Ienaga and further goals from Brazilian Leandro Damiao and substitute Manabu Saito wrapped up the title with four matches remaining.
* Andres Iniesta was on target as Vissel Kobe became the first team to book their place in the knockout stage of the eastern zone of the Asian Champions League in Doha on Wednesday with a 3-1 win over two-time champions Guangzhou Evergrande.