MIL OSI Translation. Region: Russian Federation –
Photo by Y. Ivanko. Mos.ru
Experts from various fields will discuss trends that can change society tomorrow.
The 1st International Conference will be held on December 10 and 11 “Metaculture”… It will be held online at the site “Method” and will be devoted to global trends of our time in the context of culture and technology.
Global trends affect the economy, culture, education, technology, urbanism, ecology and other areas of life. By understanding the context of trends, it is possible to predict changes that will affect and change society. At the conference, experts from various fields will discuss trends that can change society tomorrow. Discussing the changes taking place in a person, experts will formulate a list of skills that will be required in the future.
The Metaculture Conference will bring together creative people from all over the world and help foster dialogue between communities that shape trends in culture and technology. The event will cover three main areas – anthropological, historical and cultural and educational. The event will become not just a platform for the presentation of trends, but also a place where tools for the changes required by society will be developed.
What’s in the program
The conference program includes lectures, discussions, workshops and speeches by leaders in the field of art, technology, anthropology, cultural studies, sociology. The most interesting of them:
“The people of the future are not us.” Interview with Perry Chen, technology artist and entrepreneur, founder of the Kickstarter platform;
– lecture by Olga Kiseleva, artist, head of the laboratory of art and science at the Sorbonne University and winner of the STARTS prize. She will talk about the art of transforming the world;
– “Art and Values, from Neuroscience to Blockchain”. Lecture by Maurice Benayun, media artist and author of the first intercontinental TV virtual installation.
– workshop “Representation of trends in new education”. Cases of urban projects “Art Laboratory” and “Studio-19” will be shown. They are aimed at the development of modern creative competencies in children and adolescents and the application of the acquired skills;
– discussion on the topic of contemporary urban studies. It will be attended by a culturologist and coordinator of the Laboratory for Experimental Design of Cities Nadezhda Hort, as well as an anthropologist and deputy head of the Center for Urban Anthropology at Strelka KB;
– lecture on the crisis of global warming in the Arctic in the context of media ecology. It will be moderated by Craig Campbell, Associate Professor at the Anthropological University of Texas;
– Workshop “Experimental Media Archeology”. Speaker Laurie Emerson, Founder of the Media Archeology Lab, University of Colorado;
– discussion “How the media spread knowledge about new competencies”. The topic will be discussed by representatives of foreign media: Clot Magazine, HOLO, Leonardo Magazine.
Lectures and discussions of the conference will be accompanied by video art, documentary and feature videos. In addition, viewers will be able to see the performance of Dasha Rush and Stas Glazov, Dark Hearts of Space.
Participation in the Metaculture conference is free. Need preliminary check in.
EDITOR’S NOTE: This article is a translation. Apologies should the grammar and or sentence structure not be perfect.