Employment indicators: Weekly as at 16 November 2020
19 November 2020
The 6-day series includes jobs with a pay period equal to or less than 7 days, while the 20-day series covers jobs with pay periods of 14 days or fewer. The 34-day series includes all jobs regardless of their pay period.
The 34-day series indicated that for the latest week, the week ended 11 October 2020:
the number of paid jobs (compared with the previous week) were:
- 2,221,490 total paid jobs (up 330 or 0.01 percent)
- 100,980 paid jobs in primary industries (up 310 or 0.31 percent)
- 410,350 paid jobs in goods-producing industries (down 3,010 or 0.73 percent)
- 1,652,660 in services industries (up 2,820 or 0.17 percent)
- 57,500 in unclassified industries (up 200 or 0.35 percent).
- the median income (compared with the previous week) was:
- $1,043.02 (up $3.37 or 0.32 percent).
Stats NZ COVID-19 data portal presents the data in graphical format.
For technical enquiries contact: David Hein, Wellington, 04 931 4600, email@example.com
For media enquiries contact: James Weir, Wellington, 021 285 9191, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Government Statistician authorises all statistics and data we publish.
Visit our website to read this information release and to download CSV files:
MIL OSI –