Source: Government of Prince Edward Island
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, all Health PEI specimen collection (including blood collection) and diagnostic imaging are now being done by appointment.
As noted by Marion Dowling, Health PEI’s Chief Nursing Officer, in today’s media briefing, booking these appointments allows for more spacing between patients and ensures Health PEI is able to provide services safely to Islanders during the pandemic.
When patients receive a requisition from their family doctor or nurse practitioner, the must call the site where they intend to have the sample collected or X-rays/scans completed. The numbers to call to book an appointment are listed below.
- Queen Elizabeth Hospital – 902- 894-2138 (Blood and sample collection only)
- Prince County Hospital – 902-438-4280 (Blood and sample collection only)
- Western Hospital – 1-833-565-1380 (toll-free) or 902-853-3163 (Blood and sample collection; diagnostic imaging)
- Community Hospital O’Leary – 1-833-565-1380 (toll-free) or 902-853-3163 (Blood and sample collection; diagnostic imaging)
- Kings County Memorial Hospital – 902-838-0757 (Blood and sample collection, diagnostic imaging)
- Souris Hospital – 902-687-7150 (Blood and sample collection, diagnostic imaging)
Please remember to bring a mask to your appointment and follow all physical distancing and public health requirements.