Source: Government of Saskatchewan
Released on November 18, 2020
One resident in their 60s from the North East zone who tested positive for COVID-19 has died. This brings the total number of deaths in the province to 32.
There are 132 new cases of COVID-19 to report in Saskatchewan on November 18, 2020, bringing the provincial total to date to 5,553 cases. The new cases are located in the Far North West (1), Far North Central (8), Far North East (6), North West (6), North Central (10), North East (4), Saskatoon (56), Central West (1), Regina (18), South West (2), South Central (4) and South East (8) zones and eight (8) new cases have pending residence information.
One case with pending residence information was deemed to be an out of province resident and removed from the total case count.
Of the 5,553 reported cases, 2,099 are considered active. A total of 3,422 people have recovered.
Seventy-six people are in hospital. Fifty-nine people are receiving inpatient care; four in the North West, six in North Central, two in the North East, 30 in Saskatoon, six in Regina, four in the South West, one in South Central and six in the South East zone. Seventeen people are in intensive care: three in North Central, seven in Saskatoon, two in Central East, one in South West and four in Regina.
Of the 5,553 cases in the province:
- 419 cases are travelers;
- 2,419 are community contacts (including mass gatherings);
- 1,138 have no known exposures; and
- 1,577 are under investigation by local public health.
Overall in Saskatchewan to date:
- 156 cases are healthcare workers; however, the source of the infections may not be related to healthcare in all instances.
- 1,165 cases involve people 19 years of age and under, while the remainder are adults.
- 2,026 cases are in the 20-39 age range; 1,515 are in the 40-59 age range; 685 are in the 60-79 age range; and 157 are in the 80-plus range. Confirmation of age is pending for five cases.
- 51 per cent of the cases are females and 49 per cent are males.
- 32 deaths related to COVID-19 have been reported to date.
Of 5,553 confirmed cases:
- 1,618 cases are from the Saskatoon area
- 1,167 cases are from the north area (386 north west, 544 north central, 237 north east)
- 808 cases are from the Regina area
- 730 cases are from the south area (279 south west, 299 south central, 152 south east)
- 693 cases are from the far north area (505 far north west, 49 far north central, 139 far north east)
- 496 cases are from the central area (224 central west, 272 central east)
- 41 cases have pending residence information
To date, 305,260 COVID-19 tests have been processed Saskatchewan. As of November 16, 2020 when other provincial and national numbers were available, Saskatchewan’s per capita rate was 200,748 people tested per million population. The national rate was 278,351 people tested per million population.
Yesterday, 1,619 COVID-19 tests were processed in Saskatchewan.
General COVID-19 Information
General public inquiries may be directed to COVID19@health.gov.sk.ca.
For more information, contact: