Source: Socialist Republic of Vietnam
* Phil Foden scored twice as England eased to a routine 4-0 win over 10-man Iceland on Wednesday as both sides wrapped up their UEFA Nations League campaigns in Group A2 with only pride to play for.
* Romelu Lukaku underlined his status as Belgium’s key attacker with two goals to help his team book their place in next year’s Nations League finals with a 4-2 home victory over Denmark on Wednesday.
* Italy gave another impressive performance as they reached the Nations League final four and extended their unbeaten run to 22 games with a 2-0 win away to Bosnia on Wednesday.
* Australia’s Victoria state government is confident the Australian Open will go ahead but offered no assurances on Wednesday that players would be allowed to arrive in time for the season-opening ATP Cup and other events in January.
* Warren Abrahams has been appointed the new Wales women’s head coach, the Welsh Rugby Union (WRU) announced on Wednesday, making him the country’s first Black national coach.
* Clubs in the English Football League (EFL) will be permitted to make five substitutions in matches from Nov. 20 as teams look to combat the congested schedule brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic.
* Barcelona midfielder Sergio Busquets has been ruled out of Saturday’s La Liga clash away to Atletico Madrid due to a knee injury sustained on international duty with Spain.
* Liverpool striker Mohamed Salah and Arsenal midfielder Mohamed Elneny have returned another positive test for COVID-19, the Egyptian Football Association (EFA) said on Wednesday (Nov 18).
* Atletico Madrid midfielder Lucas Torreira has tested positive for COVID-19 ahead of Saturday’s La Liga clash against Barcelona, the Spanish club said on Wednesday.