Source: African Development Bank Group
|What:||AfDB’s Fourth forum on evaluation and development|
|Who:||Independent Development Evaluation at the African Development Bank|
|When:||Wednesday, 2 December to Friday 4 December, 09:00 – 16:00 (GMT)|
This is a biennial global knowledge event with the main objective of facilitating discourse on the role of development evaluation in supporting African countries to speed up the delivery of the SDGs.
Discussions and presentations will focus on the following areas:
- What will it take to quickly and effectively learn from evaluation during and after the COVID-19 crisis?
- Of what value is an evidence and learning culture for sustainable development in Africa?
- Why and how should African countries use data and information from evaluation to enhance the achievement of sustainable development outcomes?
- What does effective learning entail?
- Lessons from evaluations that led to action, evaluations that made a difference.
- Prospects for pooling learning from evaluations carried out in Africa to inform decision-making and programming for the delivery of the SDGs.
The event is aimed at Bank shareholders, management and staff; government policy and decision-makers; technical and financial partners; research and academic institutions; evaluation institutions and associations; civil society; the private sector; and the media.