Source: Government of Queensland
Registrations are now open for the virtual 2020 White Ribbon Day Event, on Friday 20 November from 12.30–1.30pm.
Vanessa Fowler of The Allison Baden-Clay Foundation will lead a panel of speakers who each have unique insight into how individuals, communities and organisations can take action to end all forms of domestic and family violence (DFV).
This lunchtime event will help you learn more about how you can be a catalyst for change in your workplace, in your neighbourhood, and for your local clubs and community. We can all play a part in ending DFV.
The 2020 White Ribbon Day Event speakers include:
Master of ceremonies
- Sharyn Ghidella—Presenter, 7 News Brisbane
- Brad Chilcott—Executive Director, White Ribbon Australia
- Vanessa Fowler—Chair of the Board of Directors, The Allison Baden-Clay Foundation
- Kat Baulch—Lead Facilitator, Australia’s CEO Challenge
- Ben Bjarnesen—Founder and President, LGBTQ Domestic Violence Awareness Foundation
- John Siaki—Siaki and Sons Removalists, Queensland
It is free to join the event. When registering, donations can be made to the event beneficiary, DVConnect (ABN 66101186476).
You may also wish to support White Ribbon Australia, where you will find a range of items to raise awareness to the cause in your workplace, organisation or community.
Registrations close 5pm Thursday 19 November. Don’t wait, register now. Everyone has a role to play to prevent and respond to DFV.
For further information, please visit the website or contact Events and Engagement, Department of the Premier and Cabinet, on firstname.lastname@example.org or (07) 3003 9200.
The Queensland Government is proud to support White Ribbon Day which is an opportunity to raise awareness and commit to action to prevent men’s violence against women.