Source: Socialist Republic of Vietnam
* Russian fourth seed Daniil Medvedev finally claimed his maiden victory at the ATP Finals with an impressive 6-3 6-4 defeat of Germany’s Alexander Zverev to join Novak Djokovic at the top of the Tokyo Group on Monday.
* Boxing legend Floyd Mayweather will return to the ring with a fight in Tokyo in February 2021, organisers said on Monday (Nov 16), but who he will fight and under what rules was left unclear.
* Arsenal reinforced their commitment to tackling climate change by becoming the first Premier League club to sign up to the UN Sports for Climate Action Framework on Monday (Nov 16).
* The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) on Monday halved Australian swimmer Shayna Jack’s four-year ban for a positive drug test before last year’s world championships, saying she did not intentionally ingest the banned anabolic agent Ligandrol.
* Ireland defender Matt Doherty and winger James McClean have tested positive for COVID-19, the Football Association of Ireland (FAI) said on Monday.
* A key meeting to vote on the sale of a 10 per cent stake in the media rights business of Italy’s top-flight soccer league has been delayed to Nov 19 as Serie A clubs need more time to hammer out a deal, two sources close to the matter said on Monday.
* Holders Algeria booked their place in the finals of Africa Cup of Nations, while the continent’s youngest country, South Sudan, pulled off a rare win on Monday. Algeria join Senegal, who qualified on Sunday, in the 24-team field for the finals, to be held in Cameroon in early 2022, after a 2-2 draw in Harare against Zimbabwe.
* Atletico Madrid and Uruguay forward Luis Suarez has tested positive for COVID-19, the Uruguay national team said in a statement on Monday (Nov 16).
* The Premier League said on Monday that 16 people had returned positive results in its latest round of COVID-19 tests conducted on players and staff last week, the highest number of cases in a single round since the new season began in September.