Source: United Nations (Video News)
Tune in to see the exciting finale of the United Nations system-wide “Reimagine the UN Together” Challenge, which has leveraged the creativity, experience and skills of colleagues from across the system to reimagine the UN together!
– 85 teams submitted ideas
– 89 coaches helped the teams evolve their ideas
– 6 workshops were held to help teams refine their ideas
– 5 teams were shortlisted by an independent advisory group and 1 team was picked by UN colleagues
These 6 teams will pitch their ideas to senior leaders, get grilled by the “Dragons”.
After careful deliberations, the Group selected the following five ideas, which they believe have the biggest potential for system-wide impact
conecta – a global platform linking people, skills and projects across the UN system
Skills 4 Future – an AI-powered career tool to explore career paths, skill gaps and development opportunities
UN Digital ID – an immutable, protected, transparent and universal identity for UN employees
UNicoins – digital tokens to incentivize and account for cross-system collaboration.
UNVizion – a UN-tailored graphic design tool to create and collaborate on visualizations and infographics
The final idea advancing to the Dragons’ Den is the winner of the People’s Vote:
Mobility Marketplace – an inter-agency mobility network to enhance the agility of career and workforce planning – received one-third of the 1400 votes cast.
Reimagine the UN Together Challenge: https://bit.ly/un-buildbackbetter
We’re un-leashing the “Dragons” in the #Reimagine the @UN Together #Innovation Challenge! These leaders are doing things differently, embracing new ways of working, and building a stronger and more collaborative system:
● Kelly Clements, Deputy High Commissioner United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) and Vice-Chair of the High-Level Committee on Management (HLCM)
● Guy Gibbs, Head of Design & Innovation, Knowledge and Technology Directorate Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO)
● Sylvia Lopez-Ekra, Resident Coordinator of the United Nations in Morocco
● Mourad Youssef Magdi Wahba, Assistant Secretary-General, Assistant Administrator and Director of the Regional Bureau for Arab States, UNDP
● Jens Wandel, Special Adviser to the Secretary-General on UN Reforms and the Secretary-General’s Designate for COVID19 Recover Better Fund
● Jayathma Wickramanayake, Secretary-General’s Envoy on Youth