Post sponsored by NewzEngine.com

MIL OSI Translation. Government of the Republic of France statements from French to English –

Source: Swiss Canton de Vaud – news in French

Communiqué from the Council of State

Posted on November 12, 2020

Cantonal support

To compensate for the lack of compensation from the Confederation which excludes, in its COVID-19 ordinance, from providing financial assistance to institutions operated by the public authorities, the Vaud Council of State is requesting an additional credit of 2.7 million of francs not compensated to support in an equitable way the whole of the Vaudois system of the day care of the children. Added to the 18.9 million francs already released in May, this financial assistance linked to the health crisis will make it possible to cover 67% of the losses of all collective reception institutions and all family reception structures in the canton, without exception.

Share page

After its closure between March 18 and April 26 and a partial reopening that lasted until May 11, the entire Vaud day-care system for children suffered a considerable loss of income related to the absence parental contributions during the first phase of the coronavirus pandemic.

As it had promised in May, the Vaud Council of State will provide assistance to all reception structures and is now requesting an additional uncompensated loan of 2.7 million francs, which will be added to the 18.9 million francs already released this spring. This total envelope of 21.6 million will allow it to provide fair financial assistance to all networks and day-care institutions for children. In fact, in its COVID-19 ordinance, the Confederation does not, for the time being, provide for any compensation for institutions operated by the public authorities, thus creating unfair treatment that is harmful to this sector of activity which is essential to the Vaud economy. .

This support will enable the Canton to finance 67% of the losses suffered by all Vaud players in the day-care system for children. The remaining 33% will be provided by the Confederation for structures eligible under the federal COVID-19 ordinance, or by operators for institutions that do not fall under the aid measures provided for by this ordinance.

Finally, it should be remembered that the canton of Vaud has also invested nearly 900,000 francs to provide free care for parents who had to use the emergency reception system between March 18 and May 11.

State of Vaud Information and Communication Office

Information

DIRH, Nuria Gorrite, State Councilor,021 316 70 01
DIRH, Valérie Berset, Head of the Child Day Care Office (OAJE),021 316 12 30

Downloads

This page allows you to find all the press releases published since 1997 by the Council of State, the cantonal administration departments, the Grand Council and the Judicial Order. Its shortcut is www.vd.ch/communiques. Press releases disseminated by other state institutions are available on the following pages:

EDITOR’S NOTE: This article is a translation. Apologies should the grammar and / or sentence structure not be perfect.

MIL Translation OSI