MIL OSI Translation. Region: Spanish / Latin America / UN –
Source: Republic of Colombia
In relation to the vacancy of President Martín Vizcarra, declared by the Peruvian Congress on November 9, 2020, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Colombia expresses the following:
1. The Government of Colombia is respectful of the constitutional order and of the institutional processes in force in the countries of Latin America and the Caribbean in which the democratic order and the rule of law prevail.
2. During the Presidency of Martín Vizcarra, Colombia and Peru made significant progress in deepening their commercial, political and diplomatic relations.
3. Colombia especially values the achievements made in the different regional spaces in which the two countries work in an articulated way, with important results such as the signing of the Leticia Pact for the conservation and sustainable development of the Amazon; the strengthening of the free trade zone and the creation of the Andean Mercury Observatory within the framework of the Andean Community; the adoption of the 2030 Vision Work Plan of the Pacific Alliance and the constitution of the Forum for the Progress of South America, PROSUR.
4. The Government of Colombia also highlights the leadership of the Government of President Vizcarra in the correct leadership of the Lima Group, and its strong commitment to defend democratic principles and values in the hemisphere.
5. Colombia will continue working hand in hand with the countries of the region in the defense of democracy, Human Rights and legality, and trusts that the process that is currently being carried out in the sister Republic of Peru will continue to be conducted through the channels institutional provisions in its Political Constitution.
EDITOR’S NOTE: This article is a translation. Apologies should the grammar and / or sentence structure not be perfect.