Employment indicators: Weekly as at 9 November 2020
12 November 2020
The 6-day series includes jobs with a pay period equal to or less than 7 days, while the 20-day series covers jobs with pay periods of 14 days or fewer. The 34-day series includes all jobs regardless of their pay period.
The 34-day series indicated that for the latest week, the week ended 4 October 2020:
- the number of paid jobs (compared with the previous week) were:
- 2,221,160 total paid jobs (up 5,970 or 0.27 percent)
- 100,670 paid jobs in primary industries (up 1,740 or 1.76 percent)
- 413,360 paid jobs in goods-producing industries (up 2,140 or 0.52 percent)
- 1,649,840 in services industries (up 500 or 0.03 percent)
- 57,300 in unclassified industries (up 1,610 or 2.89 percent).
- the median income (compared with the previous week) was:
- $1,039.65 (down $0.82 or 0.08 percent).
Stats NZ COVID-19 data portal presents the data in graphical format.
For technical enquiries contact: David Hein, Wellington, 04 931 4600, email@example.com
For media enquiries contact: James Weir, Wellington, 021 285 9191, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Government Statistician authorises all statistics and data we publish.
Visit our website to read this information release and to download CSV files:
MIL OSI –