Source: London Assembly
Charities and local authorities across London have been rapidly housing rough sleepers since COVID-19 hit the capital. Whilst over 4,000 people were housed, the number of 18-25-year olds rough sleeping increased by 48% compared to the same time period last year.
As cold winter nights draw in and the country is in the midst of a second national lockdown, what support is needed to help those sleeping rough across the capital?
The Housing Committee will tomorrow look at what the Mayor can do to help rough sleepers in London.
The guests are:
- David Eastwood, Rough Sleeping Lead, GLA
- Steve Douglas, CEO, St Mungo’s
- Gill Taylor, Strategic Lead – Single Homelessness & Vulnerable Adults, Haringey Council
- Tony McKenzie, Senior Participation Officer, Joseph Rowntree Foundation
- Martin Burrows, Director of Research and Campaigns, Groundswell
The meeting will take place on Tuesday, 10 November 2020 from 10am. In line with government advice, this meeting will take place virtually.
Media and members of the public can watch the meeting live here.