Source: New Zealand Ministry of Health
A number of push notifications will be sent to people who logged on with the COVID Tracer app as a new case was announced today. The alerts were sent to people that logged in at several locations of interest in Wellington and Auckland.
The new case, a contact of a quarantine worker in Auckland, visited the following locations:
- Domestic Terminal, Auckland Airport: 5.30 – 7.45pm, 5 Nov
- Avis Car Rental, Auckland Airport: 5.00 – 5.15pm, 5 Nov
- Orleans Chicken & Waffles, Auckland Airport: 5.30 – 7pm, 5 Nov
- The Gypsy Moth, Auckland Airport: 7.00 – 7.15pm, 5 Nov
- Hudsons, Auckland Airport: 7.00 – 7.15pm, 5 Nov
- Little Penang, The Terrace, Wellington: 1.15 – 3.45pm, 6 Nov.
The alert has advised users that they may have been in contact with COVID-19. Further information is available at COVID-19: Contact tracing locations of interest.
If you begin to feel unwell, or for more information, please contact Healthline 0800 358 5453
For contact tracing purposes, anyone who attended one of the locations listed during the relevant timeframes is considered to be a COVID-19 ‘casual contact’ with a low risk of exposure. Close contacts have been contacted directly.
This case once again reinforces the importance of everyone who is able to using the app to keep a record of where they have been – it allows our contact tracing team to quickly notify you if you may have been exposed to this virus, and allows you to take immediate action to protect yourself, your whanau, and your community.
021 707 503