Source: Northern Territory Police
A busy night in Alice Springs saw police arrest multiple offenders in relation to several crime and traffic offences.
- A 14-year-old boy is facing charges of Aggravated unlawful use of motor vehicle and Drive unlicensed after a stolen Toyota Corolla was seen being driven recklessly in Gillen. A police pursuit was terminated for safety reasons however using drone technology the vehicle was followed and apprehended without incident on Larapinta Drive around 9:30pm.
- Around 11pm, a Ford Falcon was observed being driven in a dangerous manner around Alice Springs. A police pursuit was terminated for safety concerns and the vehicle tracked, and was apprehended on Larapinta Drive. The 27-year-old male driver was charged with:
- Medium range drink driving
- Drive Unregistered / uninsured
- Drive manner dangerous
- Fail to stop when called upon
- Two teenaged girls were apprehended around midnight and have been arrested for breaching their bail conditions.
- Around 1am, police received a report of two men unlawfully entering a licensed premises on Treager Avenue. Two men, aged 34 and 24, were located hiding on the premises and have been charged with Unlawful entry and Stealing.
All offenders will face court this week.
Officer in Charge of Strike Force Viper, Detective Senior Sergeant Rob Jordan said, “These arrests are the result of another well-coordinated response by Strike Force Viper, General Duties officers and drone pilots”.