Source: Socialist Republic of Vietnam
* Surprise package Sassuolo missed the chance to go top of Serie A as they were held to a 0-0 draw at home by Udinese on Friday.
* Olympique de Marseille moved up to fourth in the Ligue 1 standings when a second-half strike by substitute Morgan Sanson earned them a 1-0 win at Racing Strasbourg on Friday.
* Rafael Nadal set up a Paris Masters semi-final against either Alexander Zverev or Stan Wawrinka with a comeback victory over Pablo Carreno Busta on Friday (Nov 6), ending his fellow Spaniard’s ATP Tour Finals hopes. The top seed edged a tight second set before racing through the decider to win 4-6, 7-5, 6-1.
* Third seed Daniil Medvedev thrashed Diego Schwartzman on Friday (Nov 6) to reach the Paris Masters semi-finals, leaving the Argentinian facing a nervous wait to see if he will qualify for the ATP Tour Finals. Russian Medvedev raced to a 6-3, 6-1 win in just 64 minutes to set up a last-four clash with either Milos Raonic or in-form Frenchman Ugo Humbert.
* Davy Klaassen and Patrick van Aanholt have won recalls to the Netherlands national squad after coach Frank de Boer on Friday named 25 players for three internationals this month. Klaassen won the last of his 16 caps three years ago but is selected again after impressing for Ajax Amsterdam in recent weeks after he rejoining the club.
* Derby County’s proposed takeover by Abu Dhabi royal family member Sheikh Khaled Zayed Bin Saquer Zayed Al Nayhan has been approved by the English Football League, the club said on Friday. The deal has been agreed in principle following talks held by Derby owner Mel Morris with Derventio Holdings Limited, which is controlled by Sheikh Khaled’s Bin Zayed International LLC.
* Everton midfielder James Rodriguez will return to the squad for Saturday’s Premier League home game against Manchester United having missed their defeat by Newcastle United last weekend through injury, manager Carlo Ancelotti said.
* Magnus Cort Nielsen won a sprint finish at the end of the 16th stage of the Vuelta a Espana as race leader Primoz Roglic claimed some precious bonus seconds. Denmark’s Cort Nielsen continued a strong race for the EF Education team with a powerful burst in the final 100 metres of the 162km ride from Salamanca to Cuidad Rodrigo.
* Italy coach Roberto Mancini has tested positive for COVID-19, the country’s football federation (FIGC) said on Friday (Nov 6). The FIGC said in a statement that the 55-year-old was asymptomatic and in self isolation at his home in Rome.
* Chilean golfer Joaquin Niemann has tested positive for COVID-19 and will miss next week’s Masters at Augusta National, the world number 41 said on Friday. The 2018 Latin America Amateur champion, who has five top-25 finishes in his last six PGA Tour starts, was due to make his second Masters start next week.