MIL OSI Translation. Region: Russian Federation –
In Kronstadt, the chapel in the name of the Holy Apostles Peter and Paul, restored in the Patriot Park of the Western Military District, has been nominated for the Golden Trezzini competition.
The chapel in the name of the Holy Apostles Peter and Paul was built at the beginning of 1910 in honor of the 200th anniversary of the victory at Poltava. It was erected with donations from artisans and employees of the Kronstadt dock admiralty. In 1927 the chapel was partially dismantled and the building was used as a warehouse. In 2018, the reconstruction of the historical appearance of the chapel began, while the builders tried to preserve the existing granite base as much as possible, use the preserved granite blocks and recreate them.
Today the chapel is open to the public on the territory of the Kronstadt Dock Admiralty, where the Patriot Park of the Western Military District is located.
The international architectural and design competition, named after the first architect of St. Petersburg, Domenico Trezzini, has been running since 2018. This year it has twenty nominations.
1 2 3 4 5
EDITOR’S NOTE: This article is a translation. Apologies should the grammar and / or sentence structure not be perfect.