Source: New South Wales Government 2
Headline: $192 million funding for bushfire inquiry initiatives
Night-time aerial firefighting, enhanced fire trails and improvements to local emergency infrastructure will receive funding as part of the response to the NSW Bushfire Inquiry.
Delivered over 5 years, the funding will also include:
- $36 million for a new first responder mental health strategy for emergency services
- $23 million for additional personal protective clothing for frontline firefighters
- $17 million to modify NSW RFS and NPWS vehicles, and replace FRNSW tankers
- $9.5 million to fund initial priority works for the fire trail network
- $2.5 million improvements to NSW RFS’s Fires Near Me app.
Treasurer Dominic Perrottet said the funding will provide an ongoing commitment to protecting the people of NSW.
“Last season’s bushfires had a devastating effect on the whole of NSW and this funding will go a long way in ensuring we never see the same impact again,” Mr Perrottet said.
Find out about the NSW Bushfire Inquiry.
Learn more about the latest NSW bushfire updates
Find information and warnings about current bushfires in NSW.