Source: Government of Saskatchewan
Released on October 25, 2020
There are 60 new cases of COVID-19 to report in Saskatchewan on October 25, 2020, bringing the total to 2,729 cases. The new cases are located in the Far North West (1), North West (1), North Central (5), North East (5), Saskatoon (27), Central East (2), Regina (14) and South East (5) zones.
Public health investigations are underway to determine the source of transmission for all new cases. Of the 2,729 reported cases, 619 are considered active. A total of 2,085 people have recovered.
To date, community transmission in Saskatoon is largely due to after-work socializing among young adults. 48 cases have been linked to the Longbranch Bar outbreak, 22 cases to Diva’s nightclub, 11 cases to the Canadian Brew House (Stonebridge) and eight cases to Outlaws Country Rock Bar. Transmission in Regina generally appears to be a result of close family contacts with known cases, rather than public social activities.
Twenty-five people are in hospital. Twenty-one people are receiving inpatient care; ten in the North zone, eight in the Saskatoon zone and three in the Regina zone. Four people are in intensive care; three in Saskatoon and one in Regina.
Of the 2,729 cases in the province:
- 348 cases are travelers;
- 1,354 are community contacts (including mass gatherings);
- 706 have no known exposures; and
- 321 are under investigation by local public health.
Overall in Saskatchewan to date:
- 85 cases are healthcare workers; however, the source of the infections may not be related to healthcare in all instances.
- 523 cases involve people 19 years of age and under, while the remainder are adults.
- 971 cases are in the 20-39 age range; 783 are in the 40-59 age range; 373 are in the 60-79 age range; and 79 are in the 80-plus range.
- 51 per cent of the cases are females and 49 per cent are males.
- 25 deaths related to COVID-19 have been reported to date.
- There are:
- 623 cases from the Saskatoon area
- 503 cases from the north area (165 north west, 228 north central, 110 north east)
- 486 cases from the south area (228 south west, 211 south central, 47 south east)
- 430 cases from the far north area (379 far north west, 0 far north central, 51 far north east)
- 357 cases from the central area (196 central west, 161 central east)
- 328 cases from the Regina area
- two cases with pending residence location
To date, 247,909 COVID-19 tests have been performed in Saskatchewan. As of October 23, 2020 when other provincial and national numbers were available, Saskatchewan’s per capita rate was 168,160 people tested per million population. The national rate was 254,128 people tested per million population.
Yesterday, 2,617 COVID-19 tests were performed in Saskatchewan.
A referral for testing can be made by contacting HealthLine 811, your physician or nurse practitioner. If you require urgent care, call 911.
Further information on testing, including drive-thru testing locations, is available at www.saskatchewan.ca/covid19-testing.
General COVID-19 Information
General public inquiries may be directed to COVID19@health.gov.sk.ca.
Find the most up-to-date version of the Re-Open Saskatchewan plan at www.saskatchewan.ca/re-open.
For more information, contact: