Source: US State of Missouri
(Note to editors: This traffic alert updates the location)
Lawrence County – Contractor crews returned I-44 WEST of Mt. Vernon (between Mile Markers 43-44) to its normal traffic pattern – two lanes in each direction, TODAY, Friday, October 23, the Missouri Department of Transportation said.
Weather and/or unforeseen delays will alter the work schedule.
- I-44 Project Bridge Rebuild will replace or rehabilitate a total of 19 bridges on I-44 between Sarcoxie and Halltown
- Some existing bridges are original to the construction of I-44 in the 1960s and are deteriorating and need replacement or rehabilitation
- Project website/sign up for project updates I-44 Project Bridge Rebuild.
- Total project cost: $36 million
- Overall completion date: Dec. 15, 2021
(For more information, call MoDOT in Springfield at 417-895-7600 or visit www.modot.org/southwest)
(Follow MoDOT’s Southwest District: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram |YouTube)
(Take the Challenge! Buckle Up/Phone Down)