Source: Socialist Republic of Vietnam
* Winger Kingsley Coman scored twice and set up another goal as holders Bayern Munich crushed Atletico Madrid 4-0 in the Champions League Group A opener on Wednesday (Oct 21) to stretch their winning run in the competition to 12 games.
* Liverpool beat Ajax Amsterdam 1-0 away with a fortunate own goal in their Champions League group-stage opener on Wednesday, riding their luck at times but still showing their title credentials.
* Shakhtar Donetsk pulled off a shock 3-2 win away to 13-times winners Real Madrid in their Champions League Group B opener on Wednesday (Oct 21), despite the Ukrainian side missing 10 players due to injuries and COVID-19.
* Salzburg let Lokomotiv Moscow off the hook when they were held to an entertaining 2-2 draw at home by the Russian side in the Champions League on Wednesday (Oct 21).
* Towering Colombian striker Duvan Zapata scored one goal and set up two more as Atalanta cruised to a 4-0 victory over Midtjylland in their Champions League Group D clash in driving rain at the MCH Arena in Herning on Wednesday.
* Romelu Lukaku scored twice, including a 90th-minute equaliser, to give Inter Milan a 2-2 draw at home to Borussia Moenchengladbach in the Champions League on Wednesday (Oct 21) where five shots on target produced four goals.
* Novak Djokovic said on Wednesday (Oct 21) that he will not defend his Paris Masters title because he cannot gain any ranking points if he plays.
* Australian Ben O’Connor won the 17th stage of the Giro d’Italia, a 203km mountain trek from Bassano del Grappa, as Joao Almeida retained the overall lead at the end of a quiet day for the top contenders on Wednesday (Oct 21).
* Lewis Hamilton and his Mercedes team can make Formula One history on Sunday as Portugal returns for the first time in 24 years on a calendar reshaped by the COVID-19 pandemic.
* Defender Achraf Hakimi has become the seventh Inter Milan player to test positive for COVID-19 and will miss the Champions League match at home to Borussia Moenchengladbach later on Wednesday (Oct 21), the Serie A club said in a statement.
* Spanish rider Marc Soler edged defending champion Primoz Roglic to win stage two of the Vuelta on Wednesday after some magnificent team work from his Movistar side.