Source: Socialist Republic of Vietnam
Getafe forward Jaime Mata sent goalkeeper Neto the wrong way from the penalty spot to score the only goal in the 56th minute after Barca midfielder Frenkie de Jong had been penalised for treading on the foot of Djene Dakonam.
* Promoted Cádiz stunned Real Madrid 1-0 to win a Spanish league match at the defending champions for the first-ever time on Saturday (Oct 17).
* Bruno Fernandes made amends for a missed penalty with a late strike as Manchester United thrashed Newcastle United 4-1 on Saturday to collect their second Premier League win of the season.
* Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson had a stoppage-time winner ruled out for offside as Everton twice came from behind to salvage their unbeaten start to the Premier League season on Saturday (Oct 17) in a pulsating Merseyside derby that ended 2-2.
* Southampton came from behind twice on Saturday to earn a 3-3 draw at Chelsea despite Timo Werner scoring two skilful individual goals for the home side, his first in the Premier League.
* Raheem Sterling scored the only goal as Pep Guardiola got the better of Mikel Arteta in Manchester City’s 1-0 win over Arsenal to move three points off the top of the Premier League table.
* AC Milan’s Zlatan Ibrahimovic, recently recovered from a COVID-19 infection, scored an early brace to secure a 2-1 win over neighbours Inter in the Serie A derby on Saturday.
* Olympique de Marseille ended a four-match winless streak when they beat Girondins de Bordeaux 3-1 to move up to fifth in Ligue 1 with their first home win of the season on Saturday.
* Napoli blasted four goals in a devastating 20-minute first half spell as they thumped Atalanta 4-1 in Serie A on Saturday (Oct 17), handing the visitors a taste of their own medicine.
* Luis Suarez and Yannick Carrasco scored early and late in the game to help Atletico Madrid to a 2-0 La Liga victory at Celta Vigo on Saturday, returning Diego Simeone’s side to winning ways after two successive goalless draws.
* RB Leipzig muscled past Augsburg 2-0 on Saturday (Oct 17) to stay top of the Bundesliga after four matches while fellow title contenders Borussia Dortmund needed a second-half goal by substitute Marco Reus to beat hosts Hoffenheim 1-0.
* Bayern Munich’s Robert Lewandowski and Thomas Mueller scored two goals each as the German champions crushed hosts Arminia Bielefeld 4-1 in the Bundesliga on Saturday to move within a point of top spot.
* Italian Filippo Ganna claimed his third victory in this year’s Giro d’Italia when he won the 14th stage on Saturday, a 34.1km individual time trial from Conegliano to Valdobbiadene, as Joao Almeida extended his overall lead.
* Russian home favourite Andrey Rublev rallied from a set down to beat Canadian Denis Shapovalov 4-6 6-3 6-4 in the semi-final of the St Petersburg Open on Saturday to set up a title clash with Borna Coric.