Source: Scotland – Highland Council
Over twenty students from S4 to S6 applied and were successful in holding the privileged position of Alness Academy school prefects for session 2020/21.
From this, a strong number applied for the post of head students. Following a rigorous and competitive application and interview process, Marissika Slupek and Maria MacKay, both S6 were successful and duly appointed as head students for this session.
Due to their own strong performances during interview the following students have also been given leadership roles:
- Charlotte Paterson: Vice head student and Wider Achievement Ambassador;
- Daniel Adams: Leader of Learning (coordinating peer tutoring opportunities across the curricular faculties); and
- Kady Lyons: Wellbeing Ambassador (focus on student wellbeing and equalities)
School prefects for session 2020/21 are:
- S6, Beth Fergusson, Orla O’Reilly, Jenna MacKinnon.
- S5, Abbie McGorran, Hannah Burns, Tyler Cumming, Julia Wuwer.
- S4, Owen Corr, Brooke McLeay, Ryan Sutherland, Lauren Robertson, Tegan Brown, Niamh Sutherland.
Donald MacRae, Acting Head Teacher said: “I am absolutely delighted to witness such a tremendous response from our students stepping up to take on the important role of student leadership here in Alness. My team and I look forward with real excitement to working with the students in partnership with students, parents and partners in our continuing journey towards excellence. This is an excellent example of our core school values of leadership, aspiration and compassion and a great step forward in our preparation to move into our amazing new school.”
15 Oct 2020