Source: African Development Bank Group
|What:||Webinar on Africa’s COVID-19 response within the extractives sector|
|Who:||The African Legal Support Facility and the African Natural Resources Centre|
|When:||Wednesday 21 October, 10:00am to 12:00pm GMT|
All across Africa, the extractives sector and other economic activity has been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Some governments have responded by allowing the sector to remain in operation, whereas others have imposed lockdowns and a variety of restrictions.
This webinar will discuss the effectiveness and sustainability of government and industry responses to the impacts of COVID-19 on the extractives sector in South Africa, Ghana, Nigeria, and Kenya.
Speakers and panellists include:
- Thabo Mokoena, Director General, Department of Mineral Resources and Energy, South Africa
- Umar Ajiya Isa, Chief Financial Officer, Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC)
- Ben Aryee, Advisor to the Hon. Minister, Ministry of Lands and Natural Resources, Ghana
- James Nganga, Secretary, Petroleum, Ministry of Energy and Petroleum, Kenya
- Ms. Eva Jhala, Member, Management Board, African Legal Support Facility
- Sulemanu Koney, Chief Executive Officer, Ghana Chamber of Mines
- Antonio Pedro, Director, UNECA, Sub-Regional Office, Central Africa
- Mr. Claude Kabemba, Executive Director, South Africa Resource Watch
- Stephen Karangizi, Director and CEO, African Legal Support Facility (ALSF) (Moderator)
Interpretation will be provided in both English and French.