Source: Socialist Republic of Vietnam
* A hat-trick from Neymar helped Brazil to a 4-2 victory over Peru in a 2022 World Cup qualifier in Lima on Tuesday and moved the Paris St Germain forward second behind Pele on his country’s all-time goal-scoring list.
* World number one Dustin Johnson has tested positive for COVID-19, the PGA Tour said in a statement on Tuesday. The 36-year-old American, who last competed at the US Open, has withdrawn from this week’s CJ Cup in light of the diagnosis as he begins to self-isolate, the Tour said.
* British Gymnastics chief executive Jane Allen will retire from her role in December after 10 years at the helm, the governing body said on Tuesday, amid allegations of abuse and bullying in the sport.
* Wales’ Juventus midfielder Aaron Ramsey will miss Wednesday’s Nations League game away to Bulgaria through injury, the Football Association of Wales said on Tuesday.
* Senegal called off their home friendly against neighbours Mauritania just hours before kick off on Tuesday because of COVID-19 infections in the visitors’ camp.
* The 2023 Solheim Cup will be played at Spain’s world-renowned championship course at Finca Cortesin, Andalusia, the Ladies European Tour said on Tuesday.
* UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin says he is optimistic that the Euro 2020 finals, postponed until 2021, can be played with fans in stadiums across Europe next June, but admits several scenarios are being explored due to the coronavirus pandemic.
* The Mitchelton-Scott team withdrew from the Giro d’Italia on Tuesday after being notified of new positive COVID-19 results from a round of tests conducted over the weekend, race organisers RCS Sport said.