Source: Northern Ireland City of Armagh
Armagh City. Banbridge and Craigavon Borough Council would like to encourage communities to improve their local environment by planting flowers and shrubs.
Council is therefore inviting local constituted community groups in the Borough to apply for a grant up to a maximum amount of £250.00 to purchase bedding plants and shrubs.
Lord Mayor of Armagh City, Banbridge and Craigavon, Councillor Kevin Savage said,
“The small floral grant scheme is to encourage community groups to take pride in their area.
“Gardening has many great benefits making a positive contribution to the environment and communities but it also promotes physical and mental health benefits, I’m delighted we can offer this fantastic opportunity to our communities to create some colourful displays.”
- Council will purchase the bedding plants/shrubs on behalf of the Community group.
- The Community group will arrange collection the plants/shrubs
- The Community group will then plant and tend the plants/shrubs.
Communities will be awarded a small grant by the Council based on evidence of real interest on the part of the community concerned in making a practical contribution to the improvement of the local area.
Download the application form here: Application for Small Floral Grants Scheme 2021
Applications will not be considered from the following areas:
- Villages or Towns who compete in the Ulster in Bloom Competition
- Private companies
- Grounds/sites that are not open to the public 12 months of the year.
applications received after this date will not be considered.