Source: State of Victoria Police
Friday, 2 October 2020 01:57
Detectives from the Armed Crime Squad have charged a 27-year-old Ballarat man following an alleged non-fatal shooting in Ballarat yesterday.
The man was arrested in Ballarat this morning and has since been charged with:
• Intentionally cause serious injury;
• Intentionally cause injury;
• Reckless conduct endangering life
• Prohibited person use firearm;
• Possess cartridge ammunition without licence or permit; and
• Commit an indictable offence whilst on bail
He will appear at Geelong Magistrates’ Court shortly.
The charges come after a man presented at a hospital in Ballarat with a gunshot wound to the lower body yesterday morning.
The 25-year-old man from Sale sustained non-life-threatening injuries as a result of the incident.
Leading Senior Constable Natalie Dean